The Forgotten Throne
Halftown's unpleasant arcanist.
Residence / Location:
The Shalmazzar Laboratory in Halftown
- A four-story tower built of solid gray stone.
- Equipped to deter unwanted guests (usually with massive electrical shocks).
- The door (and the cage inside the door) are heavy and fully mechanized.
Nation of Origin:
- Hates people in general, and people who annoy him specifically.
- He is highly intelligent, and tends to be extremely focused on whatever interests him.
- He seems incapable of empathy or sympathy, marking him as an obvious sociopath. This does not seem to bother him in the slightest, as he views people primarily in terms of the use he can put them to.
- The prince claims Auster is exceptionally gifted in the arts of magecraft, and given the Prince’s connections that amounts to high praise. At very least, he has been able to deduce and extract the functions of several of the artifacts he has encountered.
- He favours electricity as his instrument of choice in dealing with people who displease him.
Reason for coming to the Forgotten Continent:
- He was invited (and paid handsomely) by Tyndolion to serve as one of his advisors in the development of Halftown.
Arcane researcher, presently working on the crates recovered from the Sovellis laboratory.
- Was a patron of Alaweinan’s services in gathering magical materials for his work.
First Mission (The Lost Shrine & The Hidden Vault)
- Was summoned by the Prince to examine the crates recovered. Upon arrival, he grossed off the Prince until he was given leave to eat some breakfast at the Prince’s estate while he waited for Baern to approve the cases for examination.
Second Mission (The Fall of Candlebright)
Third Mission (The Journey to Oxalathiel)
- Upon returning to town, the party spoke with Auster. He informed them he had been using local children to experiment with the Dream Catchers. Upon hearing this Cinder asked the party to volunteer to aid him, to avoid any more such experiments on the children.
- The use of the Dream Catchers triggered a strange dream-like state where the party discovered Al’s former home in the Emerald Isles.
Fourth Mission (The Crypt of the Firebird)
- After Baern’s disappearance, Auster was tasked with burning his house down. He did so using lightning bolts called down from the sky, which left him exhausted.
Fifth Mission (The Arrival of the Leviathan)
- On the Prince (and Jarn’s) request, Auster surrendered the case of Prisms taken from the lab of Legaro Soveliss for use in dealing with the Gambleright Incident.